Companies Offering the Best Free Cloud Hosting and Why.
Ads for free cloud hosting are bound to capture your attention when considering the costs involved in setting up your site. You'll save on set-up as well as maintenance, so choosing the optimal provider is vital. Wisdom is critical when researching your options; free hosting typically means the user is responsible for obligations usually included with a paid subscription. Also, free doesn't guarantee your site is secure.
Amazon Web Services
AWS is the most influential hosting service because it is the largest of its kind. New customers benefit as they are instantly eligible for the company's "free tier," which provides users with one year of free, hands-on expertise. Subscribers have unlimited access to the following services and products; however, note usage limitations where applied:
- Amazon EC2 provides 750 hours of usage per month and allows resizing of your capacity within the Cloud. Free for one year.
- Amazon S3 includes 5 GB of standard storage and is secure. Allows scalable object storage and is durable. Free for one year.
- Amazon RDS includes 750 hours of db.t2. Micro database usage each month. Features 20 GB database storage and managed relational database service for MySQL, PostgreSQL, MariaDB, Oracle BYOL, or SQL Servers. Free for one year.
- Amazon DynamoDB includes 25 GB of storage and features a flexible, fast-acting NoSQL database with horizontal scalability. Always free.
- Along with the complete range of services for your infrastructure, the AWS Marketplace is offering more than 700 free as well as paid software products compatible with AWS free tier.
- Pending qualification, you'll enjoy Amazon's EC2 t2. Micro instance for up to 750 hours per month and pay no additional charges for the Amazon EC2 instance for one year. Note: Contract ends after first year resulting in users billed for resources they use.
- Applicants must have a credit card for sign up.
- Free-tier offer is available to new AWS customers exclusively.
Google Cloud Platform
The Google Cloud Platform helps site developers test, construct, and enable their applications via an infrastructure that is both scalable and reliable. Clients may choose services, including computing and storage. There are also backend and mobile services solutions available. Note: some product limitations apply.
Google App Engine includes 28 instance hours of usage daily. Features a platform for implementing web applications with scalability and mobile backends.
Google Cloud Firestore provides 1 GB of storage and a Scalable NoSQL document database.
Google Compute Engine includes one f1-micro instance per month and is a high-performance machine that is virtual with scalability.
Google Cloud Functions connects cloud services with code and includes 2 million functions each month for both HTTP and background execution in a serverless environment.
- Customers receive a credit of $300 to spend over 60 days on all Cloud Platform products.
- The free trial is only for new customers to Cloud Platform.
- Free trial ends when the 60 day period has elapsed, or when you've spent your $300 credit.
- When your trial period ends, instances pause. You may then upgrade to a paid account.
- Upgrading to a paid account must take place within 30 days after the trial period ends; restoration of instances cease after this period expires.
- Customers must have a credit card for sign up.
- In addition to their free introductory offer, Google is also offering light services at no charge providing you remain within the free quota. This service is excellent for owners of smaller websites seeking free cloud hosting.
The Infinity Free plan has over 300,000 customers and is still available for unlimited site hosting for more than six years. Features include:
- Unlimited Disk Space
- Unlimited Bandwidth
- 10 Email Accounts
- 400 MySQL Databases
- PHP 5.4, .5, .6, 7.0
- MySQL 5.6
- Apache 2.4 with. Htaccess
- Linux 3.2
- Free Subdomain Name
- Free SSL on all websites
Before signing up for free cloud hosting, remember to read the fine print. Free services do not usually include features that paid subscriptions cover. Compare monetary costs, time, and maintenance when choosing a free hosting service. According to Tech Radar, the following companies are also reliable options when researching free hosting services:
- Softaculous one-click script installer
- Site builder
- No Credit Card Required
- 1000 MB storage
- Unlimited bandwidth
- 2 Email Addresses
- 2 FTP Account
- Website Builder (TRIAL)
- Auto Installer
- SEO Tools
- 1000 MB space
- 5000 MB traffic
- Free PHP Hosting
- Web Site Builder
- POP3 Email Account
- Host Your Domain
- Free short Sub-Domains
- No Forced Ads
- Zero cost website hosting
- No advertisements
- Daily/weekly backups on the external source - guarantee file safety
- Ad-free for new sites
- 1500MB free web space
- Unmetered traffic
- Apache 2.4 web server with mod_rewrite
- .Htaccess, .Htpasswd support
- PHP 7.1 with almost all extensions enabled
- Free MySQL databases
- SSI support